EPJEY: Streams of X and Y

Before anything else, I would like to apologize for the late posting of this event. Nevertheless, attending this event is very noteworthy to me and I really would like to support my college classmate, Francis John Pacheco in his journey to fame and success, woohoo!





Last March 1, 2011, I went to visit the launch of his FIRST-EVER SOLO EXHIBIT at West Gallery, Quezon City. There I met my college classmates/friends Tina and Gian, and of course, the showman EPJEY PACHECO. His exhibit is called "STREAMS OF X & Y" where he used some of our college drafting plates what his whole creative mind would drive his verve in art. His artworks are interesting and were untitled, why? he told us that he wants to allow the viewers to have their own perspective to every piece they observe.




Epjey has been humble ever since we became classmates in college. Surely, he knows he is good... he has the talents and skills! But he was never insatiable, he also shares some of his techniques and very vocal about his point-of-views.


with Kristina Miranda


And after the Ondoy tragedy in 2009, I would never forget that he was the first in our block who texted to check his classmates if they’re okay. He gave me along with Ina — our other blockmate some donations. I really appreciated their support especially him who was also a victim of the flooding. I felt helpless that moment but they came to help.


And though I failed to go to his other exhibits, I really tried to see his solo exhibit this time. I am confident that Epjey Pacheco would be popularly known to the field of art. And hopefully, I would be able to visit his next show which for sure would be great!


Here's Sir Mark Salvatus --- former instructor at the College of Fine Arts and Design (CFAD - UST)



Visit his exhibit at West Gallery which will run until the 26th of March, 2011.

Read more about Pacheco’s exhibit at the website of West Gallery: link

Comments