2013 Resolutions



It’s already the second day of January, 2013 and maybe you are still stuck on thinking about the resolutions you’d like to make. 

How about considering these only two resolutions wrote by a Christian preacher and theologian, Jonathan Edwards? Simple to read and memorize yet we know these are also hard to accomplish. For we are imperfect and sometimes we depend on our emotions so we hurt people and Him. 

But God is here and is able. His love is better than life (Psalm 63:3). I believe that these promises made by Mr Edwards will lead us to denying ourselves and have a Christ-like life.

Resolution one: I will live for God. Resolution two: If no one else does…I still will. -- Jonathan Edwards

Psalm 63:3 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you (NIV)
And just as TobyMac’s "Me Without You" song says about living with God’s help and mercy: "I'd be packing my bags when I need to stay / I'd be chasing every breeze that blows my way / I'd be building my kingdom just to watch it fade away / It's true / Don’t know where I'd be without YOU".

Comments