Holy Week 2013: He is ALIVE



Another Holy Week has ended but we should not stop reflecting our life in faith and in Christ. I just hope that many had time to remember Jesus’ sufferings and victory. 

Maundy Thursday was a great day for me. I enjoyed taking photos of the sky plus I saw a rainbow cloud. And of course, I tried making a sunset time-lapse video again. it's fun!


2013.03.28 Malanday, Marikina City

2013.03.28 Marikina City  *BG Music: You'll Come by Hillsong United


Then on a Good Friday, I thank God that we had a prayer and fasting moment at our church and it was great to feel His presence and worship Him. We also read and meditated the Books of James, Peter, and John and were asked to share our reflections. 

And Saturday was definitely a productive day for me. I did many household chores, I got time to make a music video for the church and an extra time to pamper my self with hair and foot spa at home.


And this Sunday, Jesus’ Resurrection is definitely a must celebrate event by all believers for its significance; aside from Christmas day.


While at our church’s Sunday worship today - our Head Pastor Terry Broqueza had discussed the Message of the Risen King using passages from Luke 24 and these were the important things to keep in mind:



1. That Jesus is returning to the Father.

Luke 24:4-8 [While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” Then they remembered his words.]


2. That we should NOT DOUBT that Jesus is ALIVE.

Luke 24:37-44 [They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.”
When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”]

And remember what God has told in Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)[Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you;  he will never leave you nor forsake you].


3. That He will send what the Father has PROMISED – the Holy Spirit.

Luke 24:45-49 [Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”]

And to develop a servant’s heart since we will eventually have the fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness ~Galatians 5:22) when we truly obey and serve the Lord.


4. That we are the WITNESSES of REPENTANCE and God’s FORGIVENESS.

Always pray for others. 
Ask God for forgiveness and forgive those who sinned against us.



Above all, let us remember 
Jesus’ VICTORY over death and follow His will.


1 Corinthians 15:55-58 [ “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”  The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.]


And as part of our celebration, we had a free film showing featuring the Courageous Movie, directed by Alex Kendrick, produced by Sherwood Pictures - the creators of Facing the Giants, and Fireproof. I think everyone had enjoyed watching the movie. It’s moving and of course, encouraging.

image via kgba.org

I've seen the movie before but the impact to me is still the same. We lost our father two years ago and I am missing him more every day. He was an amazing and loving father. He was like Nathan Hayes (played by Ken Bevel) on being strict and protective and Adam Mitchell’s (played by Alex Kendrick) dedication to his work and having integrity.

And I love the scene where Nathan Hayes took his daughter to a special dinner and talked about giving her away to another man someday – that he’s praying for the best for her. Little girls should really be patient and wait for God’s perfect timing and His special gift - a faithful and imperfect but will make us whole in marriage.



It’s also a great blessing that there’s someone who is ever present to become a Father to the fatherless and I believe that God is here with me - my great father in Heaven and mighty to save!


And though I missed Jars of Clay’s concert at Walkway tonight -- I am not totally sad (but I love them so much!). Why? Because I've been praying about it since Friday. There was a strong conviction not to go and do my duties at church since I am in charge of the film showing for the afternoon service. And I am also happy that I obeyed and I gave my best today to the Lord. This verse from Luke 6:38 (NIV) applies to me now: [Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you]. And yes, God proved that there’s blessing in giving and following His will. I received many blessings today: yey for a pair of new shoes from my sister, financial provision for my additional medicines and other expenses as well as peace and joy that I am having now.
He and His word never fail.



God bless ♥!

Comments