The Art of Waiting [for Forever]



Patience [noun] the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious [as defined by Oxford Dictionaries].

Patience is not really my virtue. I hate waiting – maybe this is why I had difficulty about arriving on time but I am trying hard to be punctual to show respect to others’ time since I also get annoyed when I have to wait long for somebody.

And thank God for His wisdom and all experiences I had where I learned either to wait patiently or act without thinking much before His response. His timing is always perfect (Ecclesiastes 3:11) and we can choose whether to be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him (Psalm 37:7) or stressed out yourself by worrying too much (Luke 12:25).

Plus there are a lot more Bible verses that talk about patience. Including a character of love it is patient (1 Corinthians 13:4).

image source: webmovie
This weekend, I just saw 2011 romance film “Waiting for Forever”, starred Rachel Bilson and Tom Sturridge. The storyline contained sweet thoughts with an expected happy ever after ending, lovely soundtrack and a super charming loverboy ♥ 




The movie will leave you questioning “how long would you wait?” and “could you wait forever?”. I also appreciate its fresh and laidback cinematography style – like I’m watching Catch and Release (2006) again. Also check out lingering songs by The Mostar Diving Club: Worlds Apart and Worlds Collide and Black Lab's Mine Again

So here are some clips and lines by Will Donner (Tom Sturridge). Eeee for his cute smile and blue eyes!

If I had one wish it would be that your life brings you a taste of happiness that you brought me.  That you can feel what it's like to love.  / Bad love letters beg for love back. Good love letters ask for nothing. / It doesn't matter. It's just being around  where she might be, that's plain.
 - Will Donner
Right now, I am still praying for God’s will to happen in my life. I am waiting for this man who loves the Lord the most and he might as well be patient ^_^ Life is a matter of choices and today I choose to be happy and wait eagerly.


Happy Monday

Comments

Post a Comment