Before 12: I Learned to WAIT

It is exactly seven days before turning another year older. I am so thankful for everything I have learned and experienced in life. But until now, I am still a work in progress. I believe that the Lord will not stop molding us until we are made in completion according to His divine purpose.

Waiting has always been a part of our journey on earth and it is not easy if patience is your weakness. Yet I am still praying for some of my prayers to get answered. Be it a yes, a no, or wait still from God.

That is why I am blessed to have a mother who is prayerful and God-fearing family. It would be impossible for me to survive the challenges I have faced in the past without my relationship with Jesus Christ. My heart and my flesh are weak but He is strong. Now, I am still pursuing my dreams and actively waiting for a new chapter to be unfolded.

Why do I have this kind of hope?

Because of God's promises written in the Bible and I know that my God is a promise-keeper. I am privileged to witness His sovereignty and love.

Just like three months ago during my devotion time, I received a Word from God. I sensed in my spirit that it's meant for me and it's a promise to me as well. I was sure of this because I kept on reading and hearing about Abraham's unwavering faith on his Friend as recorded in Romans 4:20-21.
No unbelief or distrust made him waver (doubtingly question) concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong and was empowered by faith as he gave praise and glory to God, Fully satisfied and assured that God was able and mighty to keep His word and to do what He had promised.  (Romans 4:20-21 AMPC)







I learned that Abraham waited for God's promise to be fulfilled in His own time frame.
This man knew who God was, is, and is to come.
Because he was very close to God's heart and he knew that He would never lie.


It is not easy to embrace the waiting time but we have options to spend it with joy, hope and faith or anger, bitterness and frustrations. So let us choose not to be miserable.

Option A: "Naghintay, nag-grow, gumanda lalo"
Option B: "Naghintay ka na nga, pumangit ka pa."

And how can we survive this tiring season of waiting?

1. Having our full trust and dependence on God's will alone.
We know in our hearts that His timing is perfect and He is never purposeless.



2. Wait with great expectations and believe God does not give mediocre blessings.
He is gracious and loving. He never lacks wisdom, He cares for us and knows what is best for His creations.

3. Try not focusing on our pain and brokenness but rather be thankful for everything.

photo source: benziher @ Wordpress
God had saved me from a lot of my messed-up plans and decisions. Jesus has always been there to receive me with hands with open like the loving father in the prodigal son parable.

And I love this popular quote, whoever said this - he/she was right.
"I don't know what my future holds, but I know Who holds my future."

God is already there.
Trust His plans and His heart.
He loves us.

Comments