Not my name and definitely not my coffee

It is definitely a long day but not as much as since I stopped writing on this blog. I thought I wouldn't be able to log in. And I do not even recognize the girl who had etched her youth here to keep her sanity.


Why am I writing here now? Because my emotions got stirred up by what suddenly happened.

After dinner, I went to the coffee shop to extend my working time because I didn't want to go home yet. I need some time and space where I can enjoy my coffee and favorite pastry.

But things instantly changed when the barista called my name. I went to grab my order: Peppermint Mocha, hot grande, for here.

While I was settling into my seat, he then turned to call my name for the second time, "Peppermint Mocha grande for Madz". I hurried to the barista telling him that he already called me a while ago. And there in front of us came an old man clueless about what was happening. The barista voiced out the name again and it was his and apparently, the coffee was not peppermint mocha. And yes, yours sounded like mine and you knew how I loved your name a lot."

That's why now I am writing here again while sipping my coffee in a very loud place yet my feeling is blue. I think about you. I breathe in and out. I'm letting this go.


P.S.

Sometimes I'm thinking of having an alias when I'm in a coffee shop.

MM❤️

Comments