BetterCurly at awesome 5



confetti photo via knotandbow@etsy

Some years ago, a friend of mine asked me about my most favorite school subject back then. I didn’t answer quickly, instead I asked him back. He answered that it’s always been Science for him and explained his reason of liking it: Science is exciting for it’s about explorations, inventions, making theories and proving things. And then I gave out my answer next: mine’s History. And even before I explained why, my friend shared about the people’s personality is somewhat related to his/her favorite subject.

At that moment, I rediscovered myself.

I have this habit of memorizing and jotting down remarkable events with its details and repeating as much as everything on my mind again and again. It’s like remembering its weeksary, monthsary, anniversary, a decade-sary and so forth. And maybe this is why I’m into photography too.
When did I start this odd habit? From as young as I can remember.

That’s why I enjoy throwbacks and this is also why I cannot get over easily. I exercise my memory skills in contrast with having a short attention span. I can keep myself busy traveling back and forth in my head. It’s how I spend my thinking every day. Sometimes, I’m just stuck in the middle of my crazy memories and what ifs: hence, like scratching the wounds of the past.

Anyway, do you agree that there’s relevance between your most favorite subject and your personality?

Well, I do and there are times I dislike myself for recollecting thoughts that are good to be forgotten again and again.

Interestingly, my 2014 life verse was from Isaiah 43:18-19.
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
said the Lord God Almighty.
I thank God for this assurance and reminder that He is my Creator and He is Sovereign: my future is in good hands. My good old memories are just a part of me but won’t define me forever. I cannot keep going on my journey by always looking back and feeling sorry. And I won’t be able to reach and celebrate my victories joyfully by being stuck forever.

So today, I celebrate my blog’s fifth year!
Yey!!! Thanks God for this awesome day!


I started writing with just a plain and personal goal. I was very new to Blogger platform and I was pretty messed up yet driven to start a blog that 7th of July, 2010. And the rest is history.

This blog had opened doors of opportunities, new friends, inspirations and encouragements which I never thought could came in. Little by little, I gained confidence in myself.

Also such a blessing and evidence of how God can mold and transform a person. And then by using my life and this platform to influence, help, entertain and encourage others from everywhere. Sorry for the times I irked you of my own dramas =D

As being so thankful for all the blessings and thousands of visits on my blog for the last five years;
there'll be surprises coming soon ^_^ will keep you posted!

And to all my mentors and friends, thanks for sticking with me and believing in me. Love you all!

God bless!

Love,
M

P.S.
Here's a perfect song for today's celebration by Planetshakers, This is the Day, inspired by Psalm 118:24. ;) Do you know that this Christian worship band is coming to perform in Manila on August 13-14, 2015? Click here for more details and ticket sales.


Comments